Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

USAG Humphreys

Well, I've arrived. USAG Humphreys (formerly known as camp Humphreys) is much much bigger than camp Stanley. I'll have pictures to follow in the near future. I'm currently settled into on-post officer's barracks. They're not too much to brag about, but it's a place to live so I'm not complaining. For those of you know that know that background with the housing situation, you'll know that living on post prevents Jess from being able to come and live. Currently, I am required to live on-post until my command authorizes me otherwise. This involves a lot of red tape that I still have yet to fully understand. Just keep us in your prayers that it will all get sorted out.

I met most of the individuals in my flight company today. It was a very surreal experience...much like that feeling you get if you have ever transfered schools mid-semester. It's all part of it I guess. Most people thought it was funny that my last named matched the post. I think I'll keep a running tally of how many times I get a "Humphrys at Humphreys" joke. I most likely will not be flying for some time. I will be busy doing other things (what I'm not exactly sure) for the moment. The rumor is also that I will be spending 4-6 weeks at K-16 air base (just outside Seoul) going through what they call "green platoon". Essentially it's a place where all the new pilots go to learn how to fly in Korea. That's all I know really right now. Hope everyone back home is well. I miss you all very much

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited when I see a new post. You and Jess are in my thoughts and prayers every day, many times.

    ReplyDelete